Air Conditioning Service & Repair in Central MA and Northeast CT
Massachusetts summers last a total of 3.3 months with warmer days officially kicking in around the beginning of June. Air Conditioning takes up about 1% of energy usage in Massachusetts homes and only 6% in the nation.
We size all of our air conditioning systems using a manual J design program. Developed by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America, a manual J system is a system to accurately assess how much heating/cooling your home needs. It gives our HVAC contractors a clearer picture of what your home’s system looks like. If your home is improperly sized for a new HVAC system, it will not have the capacity to properly cool your home and an oversized system will not properly dehumidify your home. These issues can lead to costly expenditures down the line.
Different Types of Air Conditioning Systems
You should always consider certain factors when you’re in the market for a new cooling system.
- How much will it cost/are you willing to spend?
- How much energy will the new system use up in your household?
- What kind of space does it need to run efficiently (open concept, duct vent, etc.)
- How high is the cooling power of the device?
Air Conditioning Installation in Webster MA, Woodstock CT, and the surrounding areas
Central Air Conditioner
- A central air conditioning system allows you to cool multiple areas at once, extremely convenient for larger homes but its energy costs are much higher.
Window Air Conditioner
- Ideal if you’re cooling a single room or a small area, easy to maintain and not as costly as central air. Need to be connected to a power source at all times.
Portable Air Conditioner
- Freestanding unit that can be placed in different areas around your home, as long as there’s window access. Unfortunately, they can be very noisy and disruptive as they take up a large chunk of space with all the hardware attached.
- Combines an outside unit and a condenser that you’d typically find in an indoor unit. This kind of system can be installed anywhere in your household and can be installed without a lot of work. It is also ideal for cooling individual rooms
Floor Mounted Air Conditioner
- Ideal if you do not have adequate space for a wall-mounted unit. The maintenance aspect is also extremely efficient. Due to the location and placement of a floor-mounted Air Conditioner; you can check the air filters better than ever before. Allows you to keep your indoor air quality as healthy as possible. Although this system is easy to be installed and maintained, it can cause difficulty when it comes to airflow being compromised due to furniture or other household obstructions.
Hybrid / Dual Fuel Air Conditioner
- Uses a gas furnace and an electric air-source heat pump to bring an efficient method of heating and cooling that’s also low in cost to your home. This option is as eco-friendly as they come and also allows for maximum comfort. It has a reversing temperature effect, when it’s too hot in your house, it pushes the indoor air outside, and when it’s too cold the furnace turns on and brings the warmth inside. You can control this switch yourself or program it into the system. It’s quite a hassle to install, but the long-term benefits make it worthwhile.
Geothermal Air Conditioner
- New technology method in the heating and cooling of your house. A Geothermal Air Conditioning system takes the ground’s temperature (because it stays constant year-round) and uses it to be able to tell when to heat up and cool down your home. It maximizes efficiency as well as holds a longer lifespan than different Air Cooling systems. Although it’s extremely convenient, like any new technology, the setup cost can be pricy.
Central Air Service & Tune-ups in Central MA and Northern CT
At Michael J Williams HVAC and Sheet Metal Fabrication, we are committed to providing you with exceptional customer service. We are here to ensure you that any new component of your air conditioning system has the right technology to perform to its highest standards. All mechanical work on equipment is done by the owner Michael himself.
Contact us today for any questions regarding your homes central air & HVAC needs. We can’t wait to work with you!
Looking for a local Central Air Conditioning & HVAC contractor you can count on? Contact us today! Michael J. Williams, Inc. is proud to serve Worcester County Northern CT and Central MA including: Woodstock CT, Thompson CT, Putnam CT, Killingly CT, Dayville CT, Brooklyn CT, Union CT, Eastford CT, Ashford CT, Sturbridge MA, Charlton MA, Southbridge MA, Dudley MA, Webster MA, Douglas MA, Oxbridge MA, Sutton MA, Oxford MA and Auburn MA